Friday, May 19, 2006

SP Friday...


Yeah, I know...

Usually, it's Self Portrait Tuesday or something.
I'm always procrastinating. Can't help it. Don't even want to.

I don't like myself in most of the pictures that have been taken of me.
It took me some time to shoot one that I feel corresponding to what I see in the mirror.
Ain't it funny that the face we see in the mirror and a simultaneously taken photo don't seem to fit? Must be something about the way we see ourselves and the so-called "objectivity" (whatever that means).

So. I like to see myself like in this pic.
I like to wear my hair open, although most of the time I wear a ponytail or braid it, as it is so long now. I like that, too; it has taken some time to grow it that length, and I'm kind of proud, just like I was when I was about 18 years old. My hair had about the same length then, but way back when, there were no waves in it.
It peeves me that hubby keeps on asking when I'd go have my hair cut. Why should I?!

Like it that way.
I know I don't look like her, but sometimes I feel like Eowyn standing in front of Meduseld with the wind in my hair...
And don't I feel like her:

ARAGORN: “What do you fear, lady?”
EOWYN: “A cage. To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recalls or desire…”


(Can you tell I'm a LOTR fan...?)

3 Comments:

Blogger dani said...

hi claudia!

nice of you to drop by my site, nice to meet you.
if you're a long hair girl, then let it be - pity your husband doesn't like it.
love the pic of germany - where do you live? i'm going to take a slow stroll through - love the pics of the new spring green - that time of the year in germany is awesome.
liebe grüße
danielle

23/5/06 10:58  
Blogger Claudia said...

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for visiting my blog (second entry, yay!)!
I live 30 kilometres east of Frankfurt/Main, in a
small town near Hanau.
Unfortunately spring is quite cold this year, we're
having thunderstorms, a lot of rain showers etc..

Hey, by the way, where'd you learn German?

xoxo
Claudia

24/5/06 02:14  
Blogger woof nanny said...

I love this photograph. I tried to comment when you first posted it, but blogger has had issues lately. I still check in all the time though :)

24/6/06 22:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home