Thursday, April 20, 2006

Oh no, not that!

OK.
As if we weren't busy enough at work after our 2-day visit to Brussels (I didn't have the time to write about yet) and our families over Easter, AND the washing, AND preparations for my theatre group's performance of "12th Night" at the weekend,

*takes a deeeeeeep breath in*

we just encounter a lovely little pipe burst.
We saw the wallpapers getting wet in the stairwell to the 2nd floor, just opposite that side of the bathroom were the shower is located. No moisture in the morning, but quite some ad midday.
Phone calls with the insurance company, my hubby and a company that detects leakages and repairs as well as they do the tiling. And better yet, they're located just a few kilometres from our home.
They promised to come in yesterday at 1600, and arrived short before 1700. Well.
Removed one tile to look under the shower tub. Wet. Then they put pressure on the pipe ducting and afterwards, applied a "tracer gas", which, in combination with a detecting gadget, should normally find the leakage quickly. At least, I remember another pipe burst when that really worked all right.
Not yesterday. By 2100 (when I was at a rehearsal, again, leaving hubby to guard the workers for a change), the workers were gone, but hadn't found the exact place. At least they had a notion (ha, ha), that it was not under the shower tub neither under the bath tub, but in between, just behind the toilet, and that it was the cold water pipe leading there. Gah.

So today, we had to shower in the bath tub, lying or cowering or making a mess, as the shower cubicle was still detached and lying in the study, and the bath tub is below the roof inclination and there's no separation like that one in the shower cubicle...

That *** (censored) pipe burst provides me with an extra day off, that I had hoped to spend with things I really like, not with standing around helpless while the plumbers ruin my bathroom trying to repair the pipe...


*sigh*

1 Comments:

Blogger woof nanny said...

Oh man, sorry Claudia. I love Belguim. Brugge is my favorite.

21/4/06 03:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home