Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The big 4-0?

I didn’t post for quite some time.
It seems as if the big 4-0 has catched up with me at last.

Bullshit. But maybe it really was a reason to become sensible to where I am, and what I want. I’m far from finishing this stock taking. But I feel that I am more stable, mentally, less dependent on other people’s sympathy. I simply don’t want to be dependent on other people’s esteem anymore.
I don’t want to be the good girl anymore. Hey, being 40, it’s about time, hen?
I feel a strength in me that I didn’t observe before. I am so glad to have discovered that.


But at this time, every day is different, every day feels different. Sometimes I wonder how much this feelings depend on the facts that I drink too much coffee or have too little sleep, or maybe depending on the hormone level. Hm.

Who cares! Live is wonderful. And dreadful. And interesting. Embrace it!

“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO! - What a ride!"
((Who said that? I have the notion that someone like Bette Middler or maybe Mae West said that, but I’m not really sure...))

1 Comments:

Blogger woof nanny said...

Oh my gosh, Claudia! It's good to see you posting again. Happy Belated Birthday! There's something really wonderful about turning 40--it's a coming into one's own. A calm settles. I tried to find the author of the quote, but it's only credited to 'unknown'.

3/2/06 19:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home