Monday, July 02, 2007

Childhood memories: The seesaw

One of my first childhood memories is from the time when I was about three years old. I am sitting on a seesaw, it was painted in a pastel green, and the paint began to chip off.

I was wearing a short dress, maybe made of a terry cloth, and a straw hat. My legs were full of sand, and I began brushing it off.


Just a short moment from way back when. Short enough for me to wonder if this really happened or if it was just a dream or something.


A few months ago, my Dad sent me a CD containing some very old photos of our family, and this one was among those pictures:



Mum and me
Me, on a pale green seesaw, wearing a short dress and straw hat, scratching the sand off my leg. Go figure!
The photo was taken during a vacation in Bulgaria, in 1969.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger woof nanny said...

What an awesome photo. And validation that your memory wasn't your mind playing tricks. I know what you mean about wondering if it really happened or was a dream. But old photos are just magic.

I have decided to take a collection of vintage photos of myself and have them framed together. Why not huh?!

5/7/07 08:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home