Thursday, May 24, 2007

And now for something...

...completely different.
Why not try something positive?
Hey, summer's here!
We didn't have a real winter here in Germany. Temperature was rarely below freezing point. On the other hand, the month of April was so warm and dry that my tomato plants germinated wonderfully.
Everything is green outside, green as in summer, the plants and flowers just burst open and everything developed in a pace that you felt you could almost see it grow.
This is the first year my roses bloom wonderfully, ...
(Yeah, those are the ones I bought after my trip to Seligenstadt in June 2006 (see archives)!
And they smell absolutely fabulous!)



(The odour of those is also fine, very rose-like, but not as stunningly sweet as those above.)


...and I'm immensely proud of my clematis.
Look here!


I can't wait to see all those other plants (beans, peas, calabashes, nasturtium...) running riot through my part of the garden...
I'm rather into primal forests than any planned garden.

One of the gardens I liked the most in movies was (naturally) that of Sam Gamgee in "The Return of the King". Lots and lots of pretty colourful flowers...
Too bad I couldn't find any photo on the web.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

Your clematis is very impressive. I've never been able to grow one I'm afraid.

5/6/07 06:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home