Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The way

I did it again... I trod that path again, because I found that I wanted to know how the scenery changes throughout the seasons.

Midsummer. It' hot, about 30 °C in the daytime, but fortunately it cools down to approx. 15 °C at night (with one gorgeous starry sky...).

When hubby and son decided to go motorbike riding again on Saturday, at first I sat on the terrace. Noone there but me. Aaaaah (sigh)...
I looked above at the grape vines. I like the way the sun shines through the fresh leaves.


There's a blue hollyhock in our garden which just started to grow flowers. I love the colour.
I recognized a big bumblebee all covered with pollen (she must have been bathing in that stuff)!

Then I went off for my walk.
Do you touch the bark of trees? I do...
I touch a lot of things, I simply have to. Gotta feel, sense, the structure of the surface - and make contact with the being.


The fields are not as green anymore. The grain is mellow.

I wanted to take another photo from a view where I had stood the last time, but the corn was too high (more than 2 metres!).

I had wondered about the lack of butterflies this year. Here they were (at least, some of them)!

A red admiral butterfly (vanessa atalanta).

At the edge of a corn field: poppies, camomille and nettles.

Elder (sambuccus nigra):

Oh yes, the grain is mellow,

... it should be gathered soon.

On my way home, I found a little precious thingy on the wayside.
Those are the seeds of a thistle, shortly before they fly with the wind. It was all glistening and glowing, as if the seeds were in a flurry before take-off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home