Tuesday, July 13, 2010

FIFA foe fun

So the FIFA world cup is officially over, and congrats to the Spanish team. You gotta really admit that they played a great football (although the final game against the Netherlands was not one that was really mentionable; the game concerning the 3rd place (GER - URU) was far more thrilling (and others, too).

When the world cup took place in Germany four years ago, I was a bit sceptical regarding all of the flag waving and such, but I'm getting used to it, and I even watched a lot of the games (especially of the German team, of course, who are on a good way, but cannot match the Spanish team as of yet).
Public viewing was the thing to do, and if people didn't join in the crowds on market places, they watched together with their friends while having a barbecue.

The sight I liked most in these days was this one which I captured with my cell phone camera in our town.


I like the multitude of flags - it seems like every nation participating in the world cup games is represented. An international community of football lovers. This is how it should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home