Thursday, October 04, 2007

ATC

Hey there!
It's been long since I posted here...
A long time when I focused on my personal problems, or rather on staying sane anyway.

At last, three days ago, I experienced a creative overflow, which hadn't happened for quite some time. Way back when, I used to have a lot of ideas and had to put them down in a book to remember later - when I thought I might have time. Not that I really ever get to do all those things...
But on Monday, I couldn't find sleep and had to get up and really DO SOMETHING.
Which led me to create my first ever ATC.
And I'm quite pleased with what it turned out like - although the theme of the text somehow seems quite strange to me (does it want to tell me something, or what?).


I started with a sheet of paper from my sketch block. For some reason, I wanted to know if it where possible to paint with curry and dried paprika pepper powder, both being colorful and hard to remove if clothes are stained with it.
So I took some of the powder and mixed it with a drop or two of water and applied it to the paper with my forefinger, smearing and rubbing. This is what created the orange background. Nice colors, I wonder if they will fade...
Then, as you might have guessed, I took a TV programme and cut out the duck photos; the words were taken from a brochure my health insurance company sent me.
The text translates "The brain sounds an alarm."

Go figure.

1 Comments:

Blogger woof nanny said...

Whoa. Claudia, this is fantastic. Painting with spices? I am blown away. I am so impressed. Wow. Perhaps you could seal it, the way artists seal chalk pastel drawings. Maybe that would keep the color intact. Can I post this on my blog?

15/10/07 08:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home