Sunday, November 05, 2006

Gone

Two days ago, on Friday, when I came home from work at noon, I heard a familiar noise in the sky (click here to listen to the sound)...

Groups of cranes were gathering for their southward journey.


Cranes gathering
There were two groups of the large birds...

That was as near as the 400 mm lens could get

They were flying around in big circles, performing a kind of flying dance...

Cranes' dance ...until they finally found their specific order...

Building the '1' ...to head to the south.

There they go. Good bye!
There were some groups of cranes that passed our house that day. There must have been several hundreds of them, although sometimes we couldn't see them; we only heard their voices crying out loud.

This is such a fantastic sight (despite all the see-saw of bird flu), I'm always happy to see it.
Actually, I haven't seen that too often, but it is quite magical to me.

So now the cranes are gone.

I guess this means
that fall is
officially over...

1 Comments:

Blogger woof nanny said...

I know what you mean about magical. I was at the beach recently, and a group of little tiny birds flew by me. My ears hummed from their presence. The air stirred with the beat of wings. They looked like a shadow passing by...a dense form like you see on cartoons when bees cluster. And then they were, poof, gone.

8/11/06 20:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home