Thursday, September 14, 2006

A day off

At last, I decided to take a day off. It's all getting too much for me. I haven't nearly done all my work in the office, but I didn't care for one day. And, what's even better: They didn't call me on the cell phone at all (last day off: twice).

So, my best female friend Anke and me went to a flea market in Mühlheim. It was my first time ever there. The day began quite chilly, but when the sun came up, it was just FUN.

Anke got a beautiful cute old brass cascet and some clothing, and an amazingly small old camera. The man who sold it alleged it was a spy camera from the former GDR. We don't know if this is really true, but it might be.

At noon when we left, I took a look at my finds and thought I had really gotten a lot nice stuff for 13,50 Euros:

- 4 glass bottles (new!), 350 ml, with pressed loops (I think I will use them for Christmas, for the home-made liqueur

- a beautiful red stone, egg-shaped

- a book

- 3 ornate picture frames (for the pics of my great-grandparents)

- a necklace with pendant that can be opened to put in some flower potpourri (the woman I got it from just had put some lavender in it that day)



... and, not to forget, a crazy cow cup for my colleague. She loves everything cow-shaped, cow-patterned...

1 Comments:

Blogger woof nanny said...

Nothing quite like a good flea market with a good friend. Thrift shops same thing. End with a good cappuchino and it's perfection.

22/9/06 08:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home