Monday, November 21, 2005

The evening before...

So it’s the evening before my 40th birthday…

How do I feel? Worn out; after all, it’s only a few days since Jan’s birthday, we started narrowing the choices for secondary schools for him, Christmas is knocking on the door timidly (baking, packing parcels with biscuits for the family, making Christmas cards...), I should rehearse for a stage play (I know my text only fragmentally), and then of course, the trip to Iceland, whereat I give myself hell because I want to finish off a whole lot of things I didn’t manage to do in the last few days and weeks.

Actually, this has nothing to do with my 40th birthday, hen?
Ah, but the schedule is tight and every now and then, someone remembers I’ll be 40.
So what?!
I don’t believe that I’ll feel any different tomorrow or the day after that.
Maybe relieved that day X has passed and noone cares anymore.

Which TV ad is it then that says “Grow up. Not old.”? Oh, but I don’t think I have grown up. And I don’t plan to.
Adults are responsible, that’s okay. But many adults seem to have lost their humor, the ease, they are somewhat withered, and that’s something I don’t want to be.
Basta!
No, I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up ;-P

1 Comments:

Blogger woof nanny said...

Oh geez, Claudia, I'm just catching up on reading, so sorry for the delayed Happy Birthday. I hope it was magical.

7/12/05 06:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home