Monday, November 21, 2005

Reykjavik minus 6 days

Wow, folks, I can’t really imagine that this time next week I’ll be in Iceland.
How come I’ll travel there? Must have been around this time last year that I found an advertisement by Icelandair, short trips to Iceland, 4 to 5 days, excursions could be booked, too. Jürgen gave it a glimpse and said, “Well, what a pity. You already made your wishes for your birthday and Christmas this year.” And me, cheeky: “Okay, but I’ll have another birthday next year.”

That’s how easy life can be. Actually, I had wanted to travel there at the end of January, but my dear husband thought it no birthday present if I was going then, and thus, I’ll be there in late November.
I can’t really imagine to escape all of this pre-Christmas whirl for a few days. Maybe I will believe it when I’m there. So many scheduled things before Christmas! At least most of our Christmas baking is done, without the side effect of us feeling sick when the scent of biscuits is in the air ;-)

Last Wednesday, I had baked Christmas muffins after having baked “Baked apple” muffins for the kids (although I couldn’t tell why the muffins had that name, they simply tasted apple). Anyway, the whole place smelled of sweet biscuits to an extent that we had to aerate to keep us from losing our appetite to really eat them. Unbelievable...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home