Thursday, November 10, 2005

Rainy November day


Today, these leaves on the bonnet of a car were the most appealing sight outside. The weather was a drab, overcast sky with all nuances of rain. Well, after all, it’s November.

The right weather for books or some needlework. Actually, I had intended to do some patchwork, but then I made the mistake of walking into a shop with a large range of knitting yarns. It has been very long since I’ve been knitting, but when I saw the yarns and some of the pieces they had knitted from those... to make it short, I went home with 4 clews of yarn and the determination to knit a shawl, because I feel as if I get the sniffles and I don’t want to be freezing in Reykjavik. At least, it doesn’t take too long to knit a shawl.

As if I hadn’t got enough yarn at home... I’ve been hoarding that, just as I do now with books and fabric. But my deceased Granny used to say (at least my Mum said so): “Wool doesn’t eat money.” She had knitted for farmers during WW2, for the sake of nutritive payment...
Anyway, as long as the old wool won’t be eaten by moths (which is not the case up to now), I could still knit it. In times of adversity.

I’ll report about the wool and what becomes of it later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home